Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Friday, June 18

Jonah Hex starts Tonight -and review

Wanna say thanks to DC for making this one PG13. That way I can take my youngest to see this movie. Looking forward to it, despite negative reviews.


Ah hell, whadda those guys know anyway?
See ya soon, Jonah...

UPDATE...

I just got back from the theaters where my son Luke and I saw Jonah Hex tonight - thought I'd amend this post and add my thoughts (and I also changed the flub above - don't know why I mistakenly mentioned Marvel above, when I clearly know Jonah's a DC character, but my mistake is rectified now).

 This movie was a ton of fun! It was a slightly spooky western big screen comic book - exactly what you'd expect from a Jonah Hex movie. Guess I can now say I have seen a Megan Fox movie I didn't fall asleep in - (haven't ever been able to make it through either Transformers despite repeated attempts).

I heard a lot of negative comments about this movie - don't know what people expected... I mean c'mon, it's no sillier than James Bond. Lighten up and let yourselves enjoy something, for cryin out loudLife's too short. Go see Jonah, folks. It was a good western with horror overtones and a lot of comic book logic.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get why Jonah Hex is receiving much low ratings. It is rattling diverting, and has teemingness of activeness and shadow comedy. I've never read any of the comics, so I couldn't comparability it. Josh Brolin pulls an surprising execution as Book Hex. One night, Jonah's dominating official, Quentin Turnbull murders Prophet's phratry and brands his tackling with a hot implement.

    ReplyDelete